Beginners Guide to Intellectual Property for Designers and Artists (Professional Version)
Find out the basics and how you can use them to benefit your creativity.
In actual fact it is. Are you are creative and sharing and showing your work but you aren't really sure about your intellectual property? Your creative work is your intellectual property and therefore of value and your income can also be tied into knowing about your IP.
This course is geared towards 2D and 3D Designers and Artists. It is based in UK Law but has general principles that also are valid across different countries.
Find out what types of IP are relevant for your type of work and how you can be proactive to make the most of what you create, written without all the jargon that is difficult to understand!
Hallam Whitehead, Trainee Solicitor
Dr. Roger Lowe, Intellectual Property Lawyer
So few people know about the subject of IP until it is too late. This course is designed to help you understand and implement your knowledge into protecting your creativity.
Just how important the subject of IP is in your creative journey
How knowing about IP can affect your income and could impact your livelihood
Being IP savvy will help you protect your own creations and be proactive in your IP journey
Take a look at the range of topics that are covered in the course, as well as a whole lot more.
Full length interviews are available on the testimonies page.
Charlotte says the course is amazing
Charlotte shares how she wishes she'd done this course years ago - it would have saved her so much time and money!
Emily shares about Anna's IP Journey
Emily, an Award Winning Business Adviser talks about Anna's IP journey in protecting her own work.
Derrick shares his thoughts about learning about his IP and the need to respect the rights of others too.
Textile and Interior Designer
Videographer and Photographer
12. Understanding IP
13. Different types of IP
14. The heavy stuff
16. Quiz about Copyright
17. Pause... Don't just assume - ask!
18. Unregistered Design Rights
19. Others wanting to use your design
20. Registered Design Rights
21. Quiz about Unregistered and Registered Designs
22. Community Design
23. Unregistered Community Design
24. Registered Community Design
25. Quiz about Community Designs
26. Pause - I had no idea!
27. Supplementary Unregistered Design
28. Quiz about Supplementary Unregistered Design
29. Pause... Cupcakes
31. Pause... Favourite Trademarks
32. Quiz about Trademarks
34. Quiz about Patents
35. Trade Secrets
36. Be Aware
37. Pause... thinking of examples of Patents and Trade Secrets
38. Quiz about Trade Secrets
39. Moral Rights
40. Pause... thinking of examples of Moral Rights
41. Quiz about Moral Rights
42. Passing Off
43. Examples of IP Infringement
44. Pause... Fake!
45. What's right for you?
46. Self Employed
47. Limited Companies
49. Limited Liability Partnerships
50. Other types of businesses
51. Business Value
52. Quiz about business types with IP
53. Employment, Freelancing and Commissioned work - Who owns it?
54. Commissioned Work
55. Collaborating with Agents
56. Licensing and Royalties
57. Brand Licensing
58. Pause... my favourite jeans
59. Selling your work outright
60. Sharing your work freely
61. Quiz about Collaborating, Selling, Licensing and Sharing your IP
62. What about taking photos and videos?
63. Public and Private
64. Getting Consent
65. Model Release Form Example
66. Working with Children
67. Photography & Filming Policy Statements
68. Photography and Filming Policy Statement example
69. Being careful and honouring requests
70. Privacy Notices
71. Privacy Template
72. Getting documentation to use
73. Make everything clear at the start
74. What about Social Media?
75. Sharing your work
76. Sharing other people's work
77. The hidden side of T&Cs
78. Proper Acknowledgments
79. Brand Searches
80. Tools to help you locating work
81. The rights...
82. Being famous
83. Piece of Cake
84. Trade Bodies
85. For Illustrators
86. For British Trades
87. For Gifts and Homeware
88. For Jewellers
89. For Designers and Artists
90. For Interior Designers
91. For Licensing
92. Artists and Designers
Find out about the different Intellectual Property types.
Anna and her guests talk about IP
Find out the basics of Intellectual Property.
An introduction to Intellectual Property for Young People
An introduction to Intellectual Property for Adults